In-depth in the Eternal City & Beyond
Many travelers touch Rome but few experience the sweet satisfaction of savoring the city, knowing it deeply. This tour does that. You’ll range over 3000 years of Roman history – the ancient city, the medieval, the Renaissance and the cutting edge contemporary. You’ll delight in what animates and enlivens the city even as her contradictions confound you. You’ll have the luxury of staying at a single hotel, unpacking once, feeling the familiarity of home as you discover the surprises and intricacies of neighborhood – your neighborhood! And sometimes we’ll take you off the beaten track to places where Romans go to unwind, places known for rustic scenery and savory cuisine, places most tourists never see. You’ll enjoy Castelli Romani, Tivoli and the more remote Nerola and Farfa on day excursions, but be forewarned – Rome’s energy and sparkle will tempt you back, perhaps to unpack permanently!
Highlights: Historical City Center of Rome; Vatican City State; Borghese Gallery; Ancient Rome with the astonishing Colosseum and the Circus Maximum; the green hillsides and villages around Rome; Christian Rome with its Catacombs; The Tivoli’s Villas; the Charming Lazio Countryside.
- Private services throughout
- Private Airport Transfers in luxury vehicles to and from your Hotel
- Services of professional English-speaking, fully insured drivers as detailed in the itinerary
- Privately Guided Sightseeing with licensed, English-speaking Guides, either in air-conditioned vehicles or as walking tours, as noted in the itinerary
- All entrance fees as per the itinerary
- All planning, handling and operational charges
- Assistance for the complete duration of the itinerary – we are based in Rome and available to you 24/7 with no time zone issues.
- Accommodation in centrally located hotels in the category you select. We can offer 3*, 4* and 5* hotels, boutique hotels, apartments and B&Bs.
- Meals as per the itinerary – daily breakfast (B) , lunch (L) on days 4 & 7.
- Food and wine tastings as mentioned in the itinerary
- Baggage handling for 1 large bag (62 in. total) and 1 carry-on bag (22x14x9 in) per person. Please note that any additional luggage may require modification in vehicle size.
- City taxes
- Meals other than those included in the itinerary
- Optional and additional sightseeing not mentioned in the itinerary
- The cost of personal items such as laundry, telephone or incidentals
- Any services not mentioned in inclusions
- Certain venues have specific dress codes that prohibit entry to those wearing sleeveless shirts or shorts/skirts above the knee