Sacred Routes Through Italy
In less than 200 years, Christianity went from being a minor sect in Imperial Rome to preeminence in Italy and the Roman Empire. What was it about Italy that was so fertile for Catholicism? What allowed the Vatican to surpass every other church in terms of doctrine and loyalty, becoming the center of the Christian world? To delve deeper into Catholicism, journey to the cities, towns and parishes that molded the faith – Rome and the Vatican, Viterbo, Bolsena, Orvieto, Spello, Assisi and Loreto. Here, in this ancient land, on paths trodden by saints, in soaring cathedrals carved from stone, you will find the gospel writ large, in oil paint and marble and mystical stillness. In this sunny land the seeds of Christianity were planted and they thrived. Journey with us to touch this ethereal mystery.
Highlights: Rome, Viterbo, Bolsena, Spello, Assisi, Loreto
- Private services throughout
- Private sightseeing with professional English-speaking driver-guides in air-conditioned luxury vehicles, as noted in the itinerary
- Private airport transfers in luxury vehicles to and from your hotel
- All planning, handling and operational charges
- Assistance for the complete duration of the itinerary – we are based in Rome and available to you 24/7 with no time zone issues
- Accommodation in centrally located hotels in the category you select. We can offer 3*, 4* and 5* hotels, boutique hotels, apartments and B&Bs.
- Services of professional English-speaking local guides, as detailed in the itinerary
- All entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Other inclusions as noted in your itinerary
- Baggage handling for 1 large bag (62 in. total) and 1 carry-on bag (22x14x9 in) per person. Please note that any additional luggage may require modification in vehicle size.
- City taxes
- Meals other than those included in the itinerary
- Optional and additional sightseeing not mentioned in the itinerary
- The cost of personal items such as laundry, telephone or incidentals
- Any services not mentioned in inclusions
- Certain venues have specific dress codes that prohibit entry to those wearing sleeveless shirts or shorts/skirts above the knee