The Charm of a Region with a lot to offer, including quiteness
Umbria is the beautiful bridesmaid who pales beside the legendary Tuscan bride. But look again! Umbria’s appeal is precisely her beguiling reserve. Umbria is quiet lanes, patchwork farms, and ancient Etruscan hilltop towns. It is Roman ruins, castles, watchtowers, fortresses and churches that were a backdrop to saints – Francesco in Perugia, Francis in Assisi. With few tourists to block your view, enjoy its sweet ride, helped along by Perugian chocolate and delicious front-of-house wines.
Umbria has one airport. Perugia, although the closest International Airport would be Rome and Florence. Depending on your airport of arrival we will create a perfect introduction en Route to your first destination. This Itinerary is created assuming that your arrival and departure is Rome (our international airport Closest to Umbria). If your arrival is from other Italian airports, the itinerary will be personalised accordingly.
Highlights: Marmore Falls, Spoleto, Sassovivo Abbey, Foligno, Spello, Assisi, Perugia, Orvieto
- Private services throughout
- Private sightseeing with professional English-speaking driver-guides in air-conditioned luxury vehicles, as noted in the itinerary
- Private airport transfers in luxury vehicles to and from your hotel
- All planning, handling and operational charges
- Assistance for the complete duration of the itinerary – we are based in Rome and available to you 24/7 with no time zone issues
- Accommodation in centrally located hotels in the category you select. We can offer 3*, 4* and 5* hotels, boutique hotels, apartments and B&Bs.
- Services of professional English-speaking local guides, as detailed in the itinerary
- All entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Food and wine tastings as detailed in the itinerary
- Other inclusions as noted in your itinerary
- Baggage handling for 1 large bag (62 in. total) and 1 carry-on bag (22x14x9 in) per person. Please note that any additional luggage may require modification in vehicle size.
- City taxes
- Meals other than those included in the itinerary
- Optional and additional sightseeing not mentioned in the itinerary
- The cost of personal items such as laundry, telephone or incidentals
- Any services not mentioned in inclusions
- Certain venues have specific dress codes that prohibit entry to those wearing sleeveless shirts or shorts/skirts above the knee