An irresistible itinerary at a relaxed pace
Sicily’s marquee attractions don’t have instant name recognition. Even fiery Mount Etna, its top draw, is better known to crossword aficionados than to prospective tourists. Yet Sicily rocks, enticing travelers who come for its relaxed ambience and tight windy roads that lead to unexpected pleasures. This is an island where you could spend weeks – even months, but who has that time? Give us 10 days and we’ll take you on a private tour around much of the island, freeing you to experience wonders large and small while we handle the logistics. Much of Sicily is off the beaten path – ancient cities, provincial towns and small villages; mind-blowing archeological sites that pre-date Rome; landscapes and seascapes of enormous natural beauty; a savory cuisine renowned throughout Italy, served in places that become part of the experience; and a rich and varied culture that mirrors centuries of conquest and colonization. Sicily is sparsely inhabited; likewise it is sparsely visited. Imagine – sometimes you’ll be all alone at extraordinary sites! And you’ll always feel safe – decades of Godfather movies are not the reality of present-day Sicily.
Highlights: Palermo, Monreale, Cefalù. Trapani, Erice, Agrigento and the Valley of the Temples, Modica, Ragusa, Scicli, Noto, Siracusa, Taormina and Piazza Armerina, the Aeolian Islands
- Private services throughout
- Private sightseeing with professional English-speaking driver-guides in air-conditioned luxury vehicles, as noted in the itinerary
- Private airport transfers in luxury vehicles to and from your hotel
- All planning, handling and operational charges
- Assistance for the complete duration of the itinerary – we are based in Rome and available to you 24/7 with no time zone issues
- Accommodation in centrally located hotels in the category you select. We can offer 3*, 4* and 5* hotels, boutique hotels, apartments and B&Bs.
- Services of professional English-speaking local guides, as detailed in the itinerary
- All entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Meals as per the itinerary – daily breakfast (B), lunch (L) on day 8, dinner (D) on day 3
- Food and wine tastings as detailed in the itinerary
- Other inclusions as noted in your itinerary
- Baggage handling for 1 large bag (62 in. total) and 1 carry-on bag (22x14x9 in) per person. Please note that any additional luggage may require modification in vehicle size.
- City taxes
- Meals other than those included in the itinerary
- Optional and additional sightseeing not mentioned in the itinerary
- The cost of personal items such as laundry, telephone or incidentals
- Any services not mentioned in inclusions
- Certain venues have specific dress codes that prohibit entry to those wearing sleeveless shirts or shorts/skirts above the knee