Our SELECTED Private Tours of Italy
La Dolce Vita – 11 Days
Rome Done Right – 8 Days
Sicily: a Tribute – 10 Days
Landmarks of Italy – 10 Days
Umbria: The Green Heart of Italy- 9 Days
Terra Sancta – 9 Days
Cinque Terre Escape from Milan – 10 Days
Cinque Terre Escape from Rome – 10 Days
Sailing Italy: Egadi Islands – 7 Days
Biking on the East Coast of Italy – 7 Days
Rome & the Amalfi Coast – 7 Days
My family of five decided to go to Italy for a summer vacation. We were in Italy for nine days. I received a recommendation to talk with Selected Tours. All I can say is this was the best decision we could have ever made. From the first email making contact, to the time we returned home, we received the greatest service we could have asked for.
It started with some emails and a zoom call. From there, we corresponded with Laura until we had the perfect trip for us. They truly listened to what we were wanting and made great recommendations. They would even tell us when they believed that something was too much for one day. After communicating back and forth, we came to an itinerary and made the payment. Within a few days, we had a detailed list of activities, dates, times, pick-up locations, train tickets, and everything you would need.
Once this was done, the contact didn’t stop. We continued to receive emails regarding changes in COVID protocols and any other updates that were necessary. Still, the communication didn’t stop there. When we arrived in Italy, we had constant communication with them. They set up a communication line that was available at all times. Every event that we scheduled, they were early and ready when we got there.
Each of our guides, especially Ana, were a wealth of information. We were not simply walking around looking at buildings, painting, etc. We received detailed information about the history, unique aspects, common misconceptions, and so much more. It would have been impossible to obtain the level of detail on our own.
I cannot say enough good things about Selected Tours. Our time in Italy was stress free, because every aspect of the trip was carefully coordinated and planned. Selected Tours impressed me with their attention to detail and efficiency.
If you are planning a trip to Italy, you absolutely need to contact Selected Tours. I will 100% use this company again for any future trips to Italy, and I will 100% recommend them to anyone that is going to Italy. Don’t make the mistake of going to Italy without contacting them.
Date of experience: June 2022
I cannot recommend more highly Ana Serra and the entire team at Selected Tours Italy. Use them.
My wife and I were traveling to Italy for the first time; Ana was recommended to us by friends who had used Ana as their agent over 10 years ago. In a nutshell, their service was superb—both in the way you would expect but also in a way at least I was not expecting.
• On the front end, Ana took the time to get to know us some through Zoom. Her team made proposals for tours in Florence and Rome and related transportation and accommodations. They responded well to our questions. They developed a satisfactory package. Our tour guides in both cities were personal and very knowledgeable. Our accommodations were well situated and comfortable—all we wanted.
• We were traveling in December 2021 and January 2022. After arriving in Rome, we decided to take Covid tests. I was positive; my wife negative. This, of course, blew up our plans. It was more than a little unnerving trying to understand what we needed to do and should do under the circumstances. Italy required a 10 day isolation period for people with Covid.
• The Selected Tours Italy team went into high gear for us. Within hours of learning I was positive, they had found a reasonably priced apartment for me—with a view of St. Peter’s. Not an easy task when you’re looking on behalf of someone who is Covid positive. The team stayed in constant communication with us. While my wife went home the next day, I moved to the apartment.
• That’s not all. They contacted the Italian health officials and made sure I was dealing with a good English speaker (who was also very helpful). They organized appointments for follow up Covid tests after my isolation period. They went to the grocery store for me. They made a pharmacy run for me, which included hard to find at home covid tests. They were prepared to send me for medical attention if I needed it—I didn’t. My symptoms were mild. They checked in on me at least daily. And they gave me the tours we missed after the isolation period was over.
• Think about it: if we had made all arrangements by ourselves, or used an agent who did not see their duty as extending beyond the contracted-for tours and services, this could have been a horrible experience. But Ana and team supported us 100%, for which I am very grateful. They are true professionals. We were fortunate to use someone who really did put our interests at the top of the list.
If you are going to Italy, use Ana Serra and the Selected Tours Italy team. They will have your back.